Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 8

So we have officially hit 8 weeks(last Saturday). Things seem to be going well, except that I am extemely tired! We had a trip down to Madison this weekend because my Gpa Dahlman got the special privilege to go on the Badger Honor Flight to Washington, D.C. (check it out online at: http://www.badgerhonorflight.org/). Anyway, I feel as though I slept the weekend away, but after so much sleep I was actually feeling good. Today was another work day and although I started off strong, I quickly faded and ended up taking an hour and a half nap after dinner. Now, it is up for a few hours before I call it a night officially. The bean(as we are calling it this week- it is the size of a kidney bean) seems to be doing well. According to our daily and weekly baby progress apps, the bean is growing fingers and toes this week and is working on developing neural pathways. The brain is taking up a good half of the total body mass. Growth is starting to happen, and be on the lookout for updates and pictures in the near future. Once again, our news is still pretty secret, hopefully to become public around Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. It takes a lot of energy to grow another human "bean" (sorry I couldn't help but to play off from your words), take lots of time to rest. Thank you for starting this blog. It so fun to have a place to express the joy and excitement that we have centered around the upcoming arrival of our new very special family member.

    ReplyDelete